Manoj B. Gawande received his Ph.D. degree in Chemistry in 2008 from the Department of Chemistry, Institute of Chemical Technology, (Formerly UDCT) Matunga, Mumbai, India, under the supervision of Prof. R.V. Jayaram. During his research tenure, he has been awarded several prestigious fellowships including Senior Research fellowship (SRF) from CSIR, New Delhi India; Brain Korea-21 (BK-21) Research fellowship from Ministry of Science, South Korea; and FCT Research fellowship from MCTES, Lisbon, Portugal. In 2013, he worked as a Visiting Professor at Division of Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. In 2014, he has awarded prestigious "Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Samman-2014” by Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, Government of India in conjunction with the NRI Welfare Society of India, for his outstanding contribution, service, and achievements in Chemistry Research and in 2015, he received “Deans Award“ from Palacky University, Olomouc Czech Republic for best publications output.
Presently, he is working as an Associate Professor and Head of nanocatalysis research group at Regional Centre of Advanced Technologies and Materials, Faculty of Science, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic. During his stay at RCPTM, Palacky University, he has several visiting professor/scientist positions including Prof. Steve Ley (Cambridge University, Cambridge United Kingdom), Prof. Dunwei Wang (Boston College, Boston, Chestnut Hill, MA, USA), and Prof. Rajender S. Varma (EPA, Cincinnati, USA).
His research interests are in the development of greener raw materials and synthesis of nano-materials and their applications in sustainable chemistry. He has published more than 100 scientific publications, including reviews, patents, papers, editorial and commentary articles. Presently, is supervising several doctoral students and postdoctoral co-workers.
Dr. Gawande is a Guest editor of several leading journals including RSC Advances (RSC Publications), Current Organic Chemistry (Bentham publications), Associate Editor for Current Catalysis, Regional Editor for Current Organic Synthesis (Bentham Publications)and Editorial board member of Scientific Research (Nature Publication). Recently he invited to edit special issues on "Nano-material and nano-catalyst" for Nanomaterials and Molecules journals (MPDI).
Editor/Editorial Board Member
- Editorial Board Member of Scientific Reports – I.F 5.07; Nature Publishing Group
- Regional Editor of Current Organic Synthesis – Bentham Science Publications
- Associate Editor of Current Catalysis – Bentham Science Publications
- Associate Editor of Frontiers Chemistry – I.F. 3.9; Green and Environmental Chemistry
- Editorial Advisory Board member of Current Organic Synthesis - Bentham Science Publications
- Guest Editor of Current Organic Chemistry - Bentham Science Publications
- Hot topic title : “Sustainable Catalysts and Benign Organic Transformations”
- Editorial Board Member of Heliyon – Elsevier Publication
- Guest Editor of Nanomaterials – MPDI Publication
- Guest Editor of Molecules – MPDI Publication
- Single atom nano-catalyst.
- Nano-Chemistry, organic synthesis via nano-catalysis.
- Nanomaterials synthesis and its applications in energy
- Immobilization of metals on inert support including carbon nitrides and nano-diamond.
- Flow reactor catalytic reactions.
- Continuous flow–MS monitoring organic transformations.
- Core-shell and Integrated nanocatalysts.
- Covalent organic framework materials.
- Carbon-based nanomaterials and applications
- M. B. Gawande,* François-Xavier Felpin, Tewodros Asefa, Xiaoxi Huang, Anandarup Goswami, Rafael Silva, Xiaoxin Zou, Radek Zboril, and R. S. Varma" Copper and related nanoparticles : Synthesis and Applications in Catalysis and Electrocatalysis, CHEM. REV., 2016, 111,6, 3722–3811. (IF- 45.66) MOST Read Reviews 2016.
- M. B. Gawande, P. S. Branco and R. S. Varma: "Nano-magnetite (Fe3O4) as a support for recyclable catalysts in the development of sustainable methodologies", CHEM. SOC. REV., vol. 42, iss. 8, pp. 3371, 2013. DOI: 10.1039/c3cs35480f, IF = 33.38. Highly cited article since 2013, http://blogs.rsc.org/cs/2015/03/30/highly-cited-from-chemsocrev/
- M. B. Gawande, S. N. Shelke, R. Zboril and R. S. Varma: "Microwave-Assisted Chemistry: Synthetic Applications for Rapid Assembly of Nanomaterials and Organics", ACC. CHEM. RES., vol. 47, iss. 4, pp. 1338-1348, 2014.DOI: 10.1021/ar400309b, IF = 24.34.
- M. B. Gawande, V. D. B. Bonifácio, R. Luque, P. S. Branco and R. S. Varma: "Solvent-Free and Catalysts-Free Chemistry: A Benign Pathway to Sustainability", CHEMSUSCHEM, vol. 7, iss. 1, pp. 24-44, 2014. (Top 10 article, recommended by Reviewers) DOI: 10.1002/cssc.201300485, IF = 7.47.
- M. B. Gawande, A. K. Rathi, I. D. Nogueira, R. S. Varma and P. S. Branco: "Magnetite-supported sulfonic acid: a retrievable nano-catalyst for the Ritter reaction and multicomponent reactions", GREEN CHEM., 2013, 42, 3371-3393
, IF = 8.02. DOI: 10.1039/c3cs60025d,
- M. B. Gawande, V. D. B. Bonifácio, R. Luque, P. S. Branco and R. S. Varma: "Benign by design: catalyst-free in-water, on-water green chemical methodologies in organic synthesis",CHEM. SOC. REV., vol. 42, iss. 12, pp. 5522, 2013.IF = 33.38. Feature in Water Chemistry Research by RSC
- M. B. Gawande, P. S. Branco, I. D. Nogueira, C. A. A. Ghumman, N. Bundaleski, A. Santos, O. M. N. D. Teodoro and R. Luque: "Catalytic applications of a versatile magnetically separable Fe–Mo (Nanocat-Fe–Mo) nanocatalyst", GREEN CHEM., vol. 15, iss. 3, pp. 682, 2013. DOI: 10.1039/c3gc36844k, IF =8.02. Hot article of week by editorial choice
- Anuj K. Rathi, Manoj B. Gawande,* Jiri Pechousek, Claudia Aparicio, Martin Petr, Klara Cepe, Radka Krikavova, Zdenek Travnicek, and Radek Zboril*, Maghemite decorated with ultra-small palladium nanoparticles (γ-Fe2O3-Pd): applications in Heck-Mizoroki olefination, Suzuki reaction and allylic oxidation of alkenes, Green Chemistry 2016, 18, 2363-2373, IF =8.02
- M. B. Gawande, A. K. Rathi, P. S. Branco, I. D. Nogueira, A. Velhinho, J. J. Shrikhande, U. U. Indulkar, R. V. Jayaram, C. A. A. Ghumman, N. Bundaleski and O. M. N. D. Teodoro: "Regio-and Chemoselective Reduction of Nitroarenes and Carbonyl Compounds over Recyclable Magnetic Ferrite-Nickel Nanoparticles (Fe3O4-Ni) by Using Glycerol as a Hydrogen Source ",CHEMISTRY - A EUROPEAN JOURNAL, vol. 18, iss. 40, pp. 12628-12632, 2013. DOI: 10.1002/chem.201202380, IF = 5.73
Highlighted in Synfacts, Cited as HOT TOPICS Magnetic Materials
- K. J. Datta, K. K. R. Datta, Manoj B. Gawande,* Vaclav Ranc, Klára Čépe, Victor Malgras, Y. Yamauchi, R. S. Varma, and Radek Zboril*. Pd@Pt Core-Shell Nano-particles with Branched Dandelion-like Morphology as Highly Efficient Catalysts for Olefin Reduction Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, 1577-1581 (IF- 5.73)
Key Collaborators -
Prof. Rajender S. Varma
Sustainable Technology Division,
National Risk Management Research
Laboratory, US Environmental Protection Agency,
MS 443, 26 West Martin Luther King Drive,
Cincinnati, Ohio, 45268, USA
Prof. Tewodros Asefa
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, and
Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering Rutgers,
The State University of New Jersey, 610 Taylor Road,
Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Prof. Yusuke Yamauchi
National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS),
1-1 Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0044, Japan.
Associate Editor, APL Materials, The American Institute of Physics (AIP)
Editorial Board Member, Scientific Reports, Nature Publishing Group (NPG)
Prof. François-Xavier Felpin
Université de Nantes
CEISAM, UMR CNRS 6230
UFR des Sciences et des Techniques
2 rue de la Houssinière
44322 Nantes Cedex 3
Prof. Rafael Luque
Departamento de Quimica Organica,
Universidad de Cordoba, Edif. Marie Curie,
Ctra Nnal IVa, Km 396, 14014 Cordoba, Spain
Current Research group members
1. Dr. Subodh Kumar (Postdoctoral fellow)
Supervising for postdoctoral research on topic entitled “Carbon hybrid Nano-materials –
2. Dr. Ravishankar Kadam (Postdoctoral fellow)
Supervising for postdoctoral research on topic entitled “Single atom nano-catalysts and electride
3. Dr. Priti Sharma (Postdoctoral fellow)
Supervising for postdoctoral research on topic entitled “Single atom nano-catalysts for photo-catalytic applications”
4. Valyria Kasneryk (Postdoctoral fellow)
Supervising for postdoctoral research on topic entitled “Gas phase reactions”
5. Ms. Radka Kralova (Doctoral student)
Supervising for doctoral research on topic entitled “Magnetite/Carbon-based nano-materials and applications in catalysis.
6. Mr. Peter Zajicek (Doctoral student)
Supervising for doctoral research on topic entitled “Magnetite-based nano-materials and applications
in environmental chemistry.
Former Postdoctoral/Researcher Colleagues
1. Dr. Anandarup Goswami
Worked on topic entitled “Advanced Nano-materials – Applications
in catalysis and electrocatalysis”
Current Position – working as “Associate Professor” at Vignan University, India.
2. Dr. Anuj K. Rathi
Worked on topic entitled “Supported transition metals and its application
Current Position – working as “group Leader at Jubilant Chemsys, Noida Delhi.
3. Dr. Pawan Kumar
Worked on topic entitled “Supported transition metals and its application
Current Position – working as “Postdoctoral fellow at University of Alberta.
4. Dr. Devaki Nandan
Worked on topic entitled “Advanced hybrid Nano-materials – Applications”
Students Supervised -
1. Dr. Mrs. Kashibatta J. Datta (July 2013-June 2016)
Co-supervised for doctoral research on topic entitled “Metal and Metal Oxide Nano-particles for Catalytic Applications “at Regional
Centre of Advanced Technologies and Materials, Palacky University, Šlechtitelů 11, 783 71, Olomouc,Czech Republic.
2. Dr. Vilas Gade (Doctoral student) (July 2014-June 2018)
Co-supervised for doctoral research at Post Graduate & Research Center Department of Chemistry,
S.S.G.M. College, Kopargaon, University of Pune, India.
Research topic: “Recyclable nano-catalysis- applications in Coupling and Multi-component reactions”
3. Dr. Deepak M. Nagrik (July 2010-June 2013)
Co-supervised for doctoral research on the topic entitled “Synthetic and biological studies of nitrogen, oxygen
and phosphorous containing organic compounds”.
Currently, working as Assistant Professor at G. S. College, Amravati University, Amravati, India.
4. Gonçalo Sousa - 2010-2011.
Supervised for undergraduate research on the project entitled “SÍNTESE DE AZIRIDINAS” under FCT, research programme, at
New University of Lisbon, Portugal for the year.
5. Sofia Alexandra Marques de Sá
Supervised for undergraduate research on the project entitled “Magnetic nanocatalysis of coupling reaction”
under FCT, research programme, at New University of Lisbon, Portugal for the year 2012-2013.