Postdoctoral and Doctoral Research Fellow Positions Appointment Available Immediately Job Description: Two Postdoctoral Research Fellow and two PhD. positions are available at “Nanocatalysis and Organic Synthesis” Laboratory, Regional Centre of Advanced Technologies and Materials (RCPTM; www.rcptm.com),Palacký University in Olomouc, Czech Republic. Candidate with experience in one or more of the following research areas (most urgently needed areas are listed first) are encouraged to apply: Nanomaterials and Nanocatalysts Synthesis • Iron oxide nanomaterials • Integrated Nanocatalysts • Carbon-based nanomaterials. • Core-shell nanocatalysis • Catalysts for energy production and H2 evolution, water splitting etc. • Photo-catalysts for environmental applications
Qualifications: A successful candidate must have a Ph.D. in Chemistry, Catalysis, Material Chemistry, Organic chemistry, or a related discipline, with a proven capacity for world-class research that is reflected in a publication record. In particular, good technical writing skills in English are fundamental. Though research experience in one or more of the aforementioned areas of research is preferred, other related areas of research will also be considered. Those who not have three first author publications in high impact journal please do not apply for this post. Position Responsibilities The recruited postdoctoral fellow will conduct world-class research work and develop innovative research on nanocatalysis under the supervision of Prof. Radek Zboril and Dr. Manoj B. Gawande and will be involved in the publication of research results including high quality journal publications. Furthermore, the recruited postdoctoral fellow may be expected to assist in the supervision of graduate research assistants and to assist in writing external funding proposals. Salary and benefits: Remuneration is completely depend on applicant's qualifications and experience. RCPTM Facilities We offer a stimulating environment, attractive salary, and a unique opportunity to join two well-known research groups with state of the art instrumentation including cryoHRTEM, AFM, STM, SEM, SQUID, PPMS, LC/MS, PS and advanced Raman spectroscopy, Mössbauer spectroscopy, NMR, and fluorescence spectroscopy Appointment Period: One year, renewable annually for a maximum appointment of three years. Application Procedure: Interested applicants should e-mail Dr. Manoj B. Gawande (email@example.com) and Prof. Radek Zboril (firstname.lastname@example.org), general director, RCPTM with a complete professional CV (including educational background, experience, and a list of Publications). If your expertise is of interest to Nanocatalysis Laboratories-RCPTM, you will then be contacted for additional documents (two recommendation letters and a brief statement of research interests/plans). Only selected candidates will be called for interview. Letters of recommendation shall be sent directly to the same email addresses. Homepage- http://www.rcptm.com/about/personnel/radek-zboril/ http://www.rcptm.com/research-divisions/nano-catalysis-and-organic-synthesis/
Deadline: May 20th, 2016; Review of applications will begin immediately and the positions will remain open until filled. The main objective of the Regional Centre of Advanced Technologies and Materials (RCPTM) is the regular transfer of the developed high-tech technologies into the medicinal, industrial and environmental practice and the participation of the centre in the prestigious international networks and consortia. RCPTM focuses predominantly on the top research in the metal oxide nanoparticles for catalytic and magnetic applications, carbon nanostructures, metal nanoparticles for antimicrobial and water treatment technologies, coordination chemistry, photonics, new instrumentation in optics and analytical chemistry. Selected Publications 1. Copper and related nanoparticles : Synthesis and Applications in Catalysis and Electrocatalysis Manoj B. Gawande,* François-Xavier Felpin, Tewodros Asefa, Xiaoxi Huang, Anandarup Goswami, Rafael Silva, Xiaoxin Zou, R. S. Varma*, and Radek Zboril,*Chem. Rev. 2016, 10.1021/acs.chemrev.5b00482. (IF- 45.66)
2. Pd@Pt Core-Shell Nano-particles with Branched Dandelion-like Morphology as Highly Efficient Catalysts for Olefin Reduction K. J. Datta, K. K. R. Datta, Manoj B. Gawande,* Vaclav Ranc, Klára Čépe, Victor Malgras, Y. Yamauchi, R. S. Varma, and Radek Zboril,* Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, 1577-1581 (IF- 5.7), Hot Paper, Selected for inside front Cover
3. Core-shell Nanomaterials : Synthesis and Applications in Catalysis and Electrocatalysis Manoj B. Gawande,* Anandarup Goswami, Tewodros Asefa, Huizhang Guo, Dong-Liang Peng, Ankush, Biradar, Radek Zboril,* R. S. Varma*, Chem. Soc. Rev. 2015, 21, 7540-7590. (IF- 33.38)
4. Maghemite decorated with ultra-small palladium nanoparticles (γ-Fe2O3-Pd): applications in Heck-Mizoroki olefination, Suzuki reaction and allylic oxidation of alkenes Anuj K. Rathi, Manoj B. Gawande,* Jiri Pechousek, Claudia Aparicio, Martin Petr, Klara Cepe, Radka Krikavova, Zdenek Travnicek, R. S. Varma and Radek Zboril*, Green Chem. 2016, 18, 2363-2373. (IF- 8.02)
5. Magnetic gold nanocatalyst (nanocat-Fe–Au): catalytic applications for the oxidative esterification and hydrogen transfer reactions Manoj B. Gawande,* Anuj K. Rathi, Jiri Tucek, Klara Safarova, Nenad Bundaleski, Orlando M. N. D. Teodoro, Libor Kvitek, R. S. Varma*, and Radek Zboril,* Green Chem. 2014, 16, 4157. (IF- 8.02)
6. Micro-Mesoporous Iron Oxides with Record Efficiency for Decomposition of Hydrogen Peroxide: Morphology Driven Catalysis for Degradation of Organic Contaminants K. J. Datta, Manoj B. Gawande, K. K. R. Datta, V. Ranc, J. Pechousek, M. Krizek, J. Tucek, R. Kale, P. Pospisil,R. S. Varma, T. Asefa, G. Zoppellaro,* and R. Zboril, * J. Mater. Chem. A., 2016, 4, 596. (IF- 7.44).